Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Earliest Childhood Memory

The first memory that I can remember is that my sister and I got a white bunny rabbit for a gift. This is when I was smaller, like about 5 or 6. We lived in Biloxi, Mississippi where it was always hot and muggy. Not to complain! My sister, Alexis, tried to make this white bunny drink out of our turtle pool. She literally held him firm in her hands and then shoved his head into the water. She thought that he was thirsty and needed a drink. She didn't think that he could get any water since he was so low to the ground. He did have a water bottle in his cage, but she didn't know. She was only 2, maybe 3. I was standing next to the swingset and when I saw her do this to our bunny, I went over to her immediately and pulled the bunnies head out of from under the water. He was gasping for air, and he coughed a little. Needless to say, that bunny no longer longed to be held by my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment